Saturday, September 7, 2013

Corny Challenge Day Uno





What you see is what you get, folks. This is me, the Wyoming Wife :) Alright. So the first day of the challenge is a picture of yourself with 10 facts. Brace yourself, this could get weird.

1. I am so totally, completely, and disgustingly in love with and married to my very best friend. For the sake of anonymity, we will call him the Wyoming Husband...just kidding. Stalk him, please, it would be so funny. His name is JD, his birthday is Feb. 24 and his social security number is...again, just kidding. He's absolutely amazing, actually. I've never met anyone like him in my life. He stole my heart over three years ago, put a ring on my finger on my birthday (December 24th), and we said the "I do's" in Vegas on May 16th, 2013.

2. I'm a sock nazi. I cannot STAND when socks don't match. In fact, I can't stand when anything doesn't match. I.e.--clothes, bedding, etc. This has a lot to do with being unable to handle when things are uneven, unsymmetrical, and/or crooked. It straight runs me nuts. Everything has to be even. If I have a ring on one hand, I have to have a ring on the other hand on the same finger. If I pop one toe, I have to pop the same toe on the other foot to make it even. Don't judge.

3. I love working with special needs children. I find them incredible, individualistic, and full of a sweet innocence. My favorite part about hanging out with these children is seeing their perspective on life. I'll try not to get all sappy and mushy, but hear me out, and have patience. These children view life outside of the box. They can find happiness in all things. It puts a smile on my face and makes me wish I could see things the way they do all the time. Simple things such as a song can make their whole day. Yesterday, my husband took my youngest son and I to Friday Night at the Plaza in downtown Cheyenne. There were two kids there, probably in their mid-teens. The boy had Down Syndrome and the girl was autistic, but appeared to be high functioning. There was a band playing rock music, and these two were dancing the night away! You know the saying, "Dance like no one is watching"? That is exactly what they were doing! Not only were they the ONLY two people dancing out of a few hundred that were there, but they were flat GETTIN' DOWN! It made me so incredibly happy to see them having so much fun. I wanted sooo badly to go dance with them, but due to my stupid back problems, I couldn't. They were having the time of their lives!

4. I have two boys. I flippin' love being a mom but don't get me wrong, there are times that I want to strangle them with tube socks, but I haven't...yet...
They are hilarious and devious. You will here me talk about them more often than not. I'm a real mom and a fake mom. By that I mean that I gave birth to the little one but not the big one. I love the big one like my own, though. He has brought so much joy into my life. I love these hooligans to death.

5. I'm a professional nurse.....ing student. Ha. I wish I was a nurse already. I've been in college for like 32 years already. I hate this school crap. I started college to go into agri-business (I'm a farm girl) and I switched majors with only one semester left. I am so super duper excited to be a nurse, but I so super duper hate school.

6. I'm a can chaser. A what? Yeah, a can chaser. I run barrel horses. My husband hates it, and I love that he hates it. Why? Because it is MY thing, not his. Working my horses is my outlet. That's the only thing that I can do that is completely mine and mine alone. I don't have to answer to anyone, I don't have to explain anything to anyone except my horses, and it helps me relax. I just recently sold all of my horses because of school, which is where a lot of my resentment comes from for school. When I finish school and/or we sell our house in town I'll buy a couple more...but until then, I unfortunately have to be a 'responsible adult' and finish school.

7. Never in my life have a been addicted to a TV series until we got Netflix. Now, I am a Sons of Anarchy whore. I love that show. What I love more is that my husband is an addict, too. I always refer to it as a soap opera for men. It really pisses him off, but I think its hilarious :)

8. I have car ADD. I seriously buy a new car almost every year. I've had the Jeep I have now for about 2 years. I'm in the process of trying to sell it right now. I think I get bored with them. I don't know.

9. I never got close to my mom until I moved to Wyoming. We used to not get along AT ALL. I was a horrible child. I wanted to party, and mom wanted me to go to church. I wasn't having any part of it then, but now I wish I would have kept my big fat mouth shut and did what she told me to do. Hindsight is 20/20.

10. I used to make fun of bloggers...yeah, that happened.

See you all tomorrow for day 2 of my cheesy blog challenge!

XOXO
-Wyoming Wife

2 comments: