Monday, September 9, 2013

trying to lose my kid in wal-mart...

Have you ever had to take your kids to the store with you? If you have kids, you've done it. Let me tell you something, I've never come so close to 'accidentally' losing my kid in the frozen pizza aisle as I was today.

"Don't touch anything!"
"Quit touching the produce, someone has to put that in their mouth! They don't want your dirty, grubby, boy paws on it!"
"Where did these boxes of cookies in the cart come from?"
"I swear, if you knock ONE more thing off the shelves, child!"

The little is so good...about 70% of the time. The other 30% when he is not being good is almost entirely made up of times that I have taken him to the store with me. He turns into a no-listening, evil, rotten, spoiled, whiny, blood sucking spawn of satan! I have contemplated duct taping his mouth shut, putting him in handcuffs, tying a leash to him, and strapping him to the little shelf on the bottom of the cart...face down so people couldn't see the duct tape. Just kidding...kind of.

Some people are all, "You should just tell him that if he behaves he will get a toy for being good, or maybe you could take him out to eat after you leave the store to his favorite place if he behaves." Umm, no. First of all, I don't give toys for acting how you SHOULD act. It is expected of you to have manners. It is expected of you to not be whiny. It is expected of you to act like the respectful child that your dad and I have raised you to be. I'm not going to reward you with a toy, or anything else for that matter, for being good. You should be good anyways, you little snot rocket.

That's all for today. The husband is passed out, and I've been Susie freakin' homemaker all night. I'm tired and my little is ready to cuddle for a bit before bed. Talk to you all tomorrow!

XOXO,
Wyoming Wife

1 comment:

  1. Lol keep these coming. I look forward to reading your blog now. You crack me up!!! We always did have fun together at horse shows!

    ReplyDelete