Monday, September 9, 2013

Day Dos...wtf does boogaloo even MEAN?!

Hola friends! Just FYI--I'm not really mexican, nor do I speak spanish worth a shit...I just like to throw in random spanish words to make myself feel cultured. I have native american in me so I'm naturally dark complected. However, the Wyoming Husband is convinced that I'm a mexican. This may or may not be due to the fact that my middle name is Juan. Like I told you before, I couldn't make this shit up if I tried. Now, it is NOT, I repeat, NOT pronounced 'won'. Actually, it is pronounced 'jew-won'. For the record, I'm not a Jew either.

ANYWAYS! Today's focus for this BS 30 day blog challenge thing is nicknames and how you got them.

Dear Mom and Dad-
The nickname 'Boogaloo' is a fake, made up nickname. What does that even MEAN?! Booger picker? I don't know. I, for one, think it is obnoxious. Funny...but obnoxious none the less.

It also comes with other shortened versions of it such as 'Boogs', 'Booger', and 'Jenna-Boog'. My parents are the only people in this world that call me by this fake, made up, ludicrous name. To this day, my mom still calls me Boogs. Don't worry mom, I'm only 22 years old. Its cool to still call me a booger picker. I mean, its not like I'm a full grown adult with kids and a husband or anything.

Now, with a name like Jennessee it is surprisingly easy for people to make up rhyming nicknames for me. These include Tennessee and Hennessy. Two of my closest friends Jimmi and Jess started calling me Tennessee years ago when I first met them. It has stuck to this day. I don't even think those fools know my real name. Even when they introduce me to people, they're all, "Oh, this girl, her name is Tennessee." Don't worry guys, I don't like going by my real name.

I think that's all I've got for nicknames. I don't even like when people call me by a nickname, in fact. Let's be honest, my name is badass. Why would I want to be called anything else? Well, besides Wyoming Wife, of course :)

XOXO,
Wyoming Wife

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your folks rate right up there with names, just like mine!! When you str with Connie Sue, there are LOTS of ways to mess that one up: Corny Sue, Sue Sue, Connie Suzie, Coony, Cornelius(?!), Kookie Connie, and my personal favorite, Constance Suzannah! (at least that one sound sophisticated...which I am NOT!!! These weren't all from my folks, they also came from LOVING family members and friends!! Anyway, Boogs, keep blogging! This is really good and funny stuff! We all need to laugh more!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you LOVE when my brother calls you "Juantonamo"!!!! LMAO

    ReplyDelete